Friday 26 February 2010

work in progress

well this is what i have come up with for my piece on coastal erosion all the details taken from the photograph of the rusted and corroded metal sea defences. hand dyed silk and cotton sateen with small inserts depicting elements that have interested me. i really love the contrast in colour between the rich rusty colours and the deep blue of sea and sky. i've taken the uneven corroded edge of the metal reinforcement and included it in my design using paper cutouts and markal sticks which will give me areas to quilt around. really excited now so i'm off to get it ready to quilt. the wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses will have to wait!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous piece of work, love the colours and the textures, the blues really amke it sing. I have just had a day playing with rust with my friend Sharne, not sure what to do with the pieces we have made, but it was loads of fun experimenting.
    Good to find your blog
    regards
    Nick

    ReplyDelete